Bridging the Homeownership Gap
Becoming a homeowner is a dream come true for many; however, it can be an unattainable dream for some, especially minority consumers. Obstacles in affordability can be rough speed bumps on the road to homeownership.
At Enact, we work hard to make the dream of homeownership a reality. That’s why we’ve expanded on the GSE’s nontraditional credit guidelines to create accessibility for underserved, yet credit-worthy borrowers.
What is Enact’s Expanded Nontraditional Credit Guidelines?
Enact's Expanded Nontraditional Credit Guidelines apply when no borrower on the loan has a valid credit score.
What separates Enact’s expanded guidelines from the GSE’s?
- Allows up to 97% LTV and 45% DTI
- Allows Construction-to-Permanent loans
- Allows Manufactured Housing and 2-4 units
What loans are the Expanded Nontraditional Credit Guidelines for?
The Expanded Nontraditional Credit Guidelines are for loans not meeting GSE AUS nontraditional credit loan requirements.
- Loans receiving an Approve/Ineligible or Accept/Ineligible or loans that are manually underwritten may follow the Expanded Nontraditional Credit Guidelines.
- Loans receiving an Approve/Eligible or Accept/Eligible recommendation or risk classification may follow the AUS requirements and Enact’s Simply Underwrite Guidelines.
How can borrowers without a credit score build their credit?
Borrowers may submit rental, utility and other payments as a means of establishing a credit history.
How do I submit loans to obtain the expanded guidelines?
Simply run a rate quote or submit a loan as you do today and select "Nontraditional Credit".
Click here for more information on our Expanded Nontraditional Credit Guidelines.