Last updated January 25, 2023
Enact Holdings, Inc. ("Enact") understands the importance of protecting your privacy. Our goal is to treat your information respectfully and in accordance with this Online Privacy Notice. This Online Privacy Notice applies to this Enact Holdings, Inc. (“Enact”) website or mobile application and any Enact subsidiary site that links to this Notice, (each, a Site, and, collectively, Sites). The term "Enact" or "we" or "us" or "our" in this Notice refers to subsidiaries of Enact that link to this Notice. This Notice describes how Sites may collect, use, and share information from or about you, and explains how information may be collected and used by us. We reserve the right to amend this Notice at any time. Please check the “last updated” date at the top of this Notice to see when the Notice was last updated. Your use of the Site following these updates means that you accept the revised Notice.
Collecting and Using Information
Personal Information We Collect Online
Personal Information means personally identifiable information, such as information you provide via forms, surveys, applications or other online fields including name, postal or email addresses, telephone, fax or mobile numbers.
How We Use Personal Information
We may use Personal Information:
- To process and administer mortgage guarantee insurance on behalf of lenders;
- to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests;
- to inform you about important information regarding the Site, products or services for which you apply or may be interested in applying for, or in which you are already enrolled, changes to terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information;
- to deliver marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you, including, ads or offers tailored to you;
- to personalize your experience on the Site, including through the use of session replay services in order to improve the site;
- to verify your identity and/or location in order to allow access to your accounts, conduct online transactions and to maintain measures aimed at preventing fraud and protecting the security of account and Personal Information;
- to allow you to participate in surveys and other forms of market research and similar promotions. Some of these activities have additional rules, which may contain additional information about how Personal Information is used and shared;
- for business purposes, including data analysis, audits, developing and improving products and services, enhancing the Site, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of promotional campaigns;
- for risk control, including for reinsurance and other risk-sharing agreements, for fraud detection and prevention, for loss mitigation efforts, to comply with laws and regulations, and to comply with other legal process and law enforcement requirements.
We will not use Personal Information:
- to enable any third party or affiliate to market its goods or services to you.
For Home Suite Home Participants
In order to provide homebuyers with benefits through the Home Suite Home program, Enact uses third party vendors to provide the no-cost benefits you may select. In order for you to receive these benefits, our vendors must be able to recognize that you are eligible for this program. Accordingly, Enact may provide your name and address to the vendor or program administrator who provides the benefit you select. By registering in the Home Suite Home program, you authorize us to send your information to that vendor or program administrator. We will only share your information with the benefit vendor you select.
For Homebuyer Privileges® Participants
In order to provide homebuyers with Homebuyer Privileges® offers, Enact uses a third party to host the website that provides the consumer discount and rebates. You may have an opportunity while visiting that website, to set your own privacy preferences. In order for you to receive these Homebuyer Privileges offers, Enact's vendors must be able to recognize that you are eligible for this program. Accordingly, Enact may provide your name, user ID, address, and e-mail address to the Homebuyer Privileges vendors you select. In some cases, you may be able to update certain information that you provided to us. This may require you to use a unique user name and password (or "PIN"). You select a vendor and authorize us to send your information to a vendor by clicking on the vendor logo and linking to the vendor's web page.
Other Use of Your Information
We continually add new vendors and offers to Homebuyer Privileges. Registered participants may receive periodic emails from Enact when new offers are added. If you do not wish to receive these periodic emails, select the "Opt Out" box at registration or by visiting the My Profile page on the Homebuyer Privileges website after registration. The Opt Out option applies only to emails from Enact. Check individual vendor websites for their Privacy Policies and Opt Out procedures.
For Homeowners' Assistance Program Participants
Information We Collect.
In order to evaluate your eligibility for a Mortgage Loan Workout, we collect a wide variety of financial data about you and any co-borrower(s), including employment history, credit history, compensation, assets, liabilities, monthly debt service and monthly living expenses. We also collect basic contact information, and identifying information such as your name, address, social security number and telephone numbers.
Use and Sharing of Your Information.
We will use your personal information only as needed to evaluate you for workout assistance. We will share your personal information only with approved third parties for the purpose of considering a workout or assisting with other loss mitigation efforts. Such third parties may include credit or employment counselors, property appraisers, consumer reporting agencies and the like. We will also disclose your personal information to the extent required by law, such as a valid subpoena or other legal process.
Other Information We Collect Online
Other Information is any information other than Personal Information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an individual, such as browser information, information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies, demographic information, other information provided by you such as aggregated and de-identified data.
How We Collect and Use Other Information
We and our third-party service providers may collect and use Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most browsers and/or through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, device type, screen resolution, operating system version and internet browser type and version. We use this information to ensure Sites function properly, for fraud detection and prevention, and security purposes.
- Using cookies: Cookies are pieces of information stored directly on the device you are using. Cookies allow us to collect information such as browser type, time spent on the Site, pages visited, language preferences, and your relationship with us. We use the information for security purposes, to facilitate navigation, to display information more effectively, to personalize/tailor your experience while engaging with us, and to recognize your device to allow your use of our online products and services. We collect statistical information about the usage of the Site in order to continually improve the design and functionality, to monitor responses to our advertisements and content, to understand how account holders and visitors use the Site and to assist us with resolving questions regarding the Site.
You can refuse to accept these cookies and most devices and browsers offer their own privacy settings for cookies. You will need to manage your cookie settings for each device and browser you use. However, if you do not accept these cookies, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of the Site and some online products and services. For example, for our sites that require a log-in, we may not be able to recognize your device and you may need to answer a challenge question each time you log on. You also may not receive tailored advertising or other offers from us that may be relevant to your interests and needs.
- Other technologies including pixel tags, web beacons, and clear GIFs: These may be used in connection with some Site pages, downloadable mobile applications and HTML-formatted email messages to measure the effectiveness of our communications, the success of our marketing campaigns, to compile statistics about usage and response rates, to personalize/tailor your experience while engaging with us online and offline, for fraud detection and prevention, for security purposes, for advertising, and to assist us in resolving account holders’ questions regarding use of our Site.
- Flash objects: As part of our solutions for online authentication, we use Flash objects (sometimes referred to as “Local Shared Objects”) to help us recognize you and your device when you come back to the Site. For our pages running Adobe® Flash® content (demos and tutorials with moving content), we use Flash objects to determine your browser type and version of Adobe Flash in order for you to view the content. Deleting cookies does not delete Flash objects. You can learn more about Flash objects - including how to control and disable them - through the Adobe interface. If you choose to disable Flash objects from our Site, then you may not be able to access and use all or part of the Site or benefit from the information and services offered.
- IP Address: Your IP Address is a number that is automatically assigned to the device that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP Address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user visits the Site, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice on the internet and is done automatically by many web sites. We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating Site usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, to personalize/tailor your experience while engaging with us online and offline, for compliance and security purposes, for advertising, and administering the Site.
- Aggregated and De-identified Data: Aggregated and De-identified Data is data that we may create or compile from various sources, including but not limited to, accounts and transactions. This information, which does not identify individual account holders, may be used for our business purposes, which may include offering products or services, research, marketing or analyzing market trends, and other purposes consistent with applicable laws.
Third party widgets
We may allow certain widgets (e.g., social share buttons) on our Sites that enable users to easily share information on another platform, such as a social media platform. The third parties that own these widgets may have access to information about your browsing on pages of our Sites where these widgets are placed. You may wish to review information at the third party site, such as social media platforms where you have an account, to determine how these third parties collect and treat such information. Also, see Linking to other sites below.
Linking to other sites
We may provide links to third party sites, service providers or merchants. If you follow links to sites not affiliated or controlled by Enact, you should review their privacy and security policies and other terms and conditions, as they may be different from those of our Sites. Enact does not guarantee and is not responsible for the privacy or security of these sites, including the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of their information.
Social media sites
To protect Personal Information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with applicable federal and state laws. These measures may include device safeguards and secured files and buildings as well as oversight of our third party service providers to ensure information remains confidential and secure.
Protecting children’s privacy online
The Site is not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we request that these individuals do not provide Personal Information through the Site. Visit the Federal Trade Commission website for more information about the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA).
Updates to this Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice is subject to change. Please review it periodically. If we make changes to the Online Privacy Notice, we will revise the “Last Updated” date at the top of this Notice. Any changes to this Notice will become effective when we post the revised Notice on the Site. Your use of the Site following these changes means that you accept the revised Notice.